This client is a private non-profit agency serving elders and disabled adults who reside in Northeastern Massachusetts. For over forty years, their mission is to support an individual’s desire to make their own decisions, secure their independence, and remain living in the community safely.
This client has grown significantly over the last few years and was needing to upgrade their technology landscape. The engagement was to conduct an IT assessment resulting in an IT roadmap to support technology and IT staffing. Ninestone was also asked to provide IT interim management to implement the recommendations from the assessment and ensure success for the organization.
The IT assessment included a full review of the organization’s technology landscape, including hardware, software, budget and organizational design. It resulted in a 30-90-180+ day plan for addressing opportunities.
Once the assessment was complete, the Ninestone IT interim manager began working with the leadership team and staff to finalize priorities, complete planning and implement the initiatives.
The IT assessment resulted in an IT roadmap that identified short and long term initiatives. We used the IT roadmap to prioritize the top 5 IT initiatives, with a plan for the remaining initiatives to be addressed. In addition, Ninestone created a department organizational structure and job descriptions in support of the changes to the IT landscape. Review and/or development of IT policies and procedures was also completed.
The organization’s senior leadership team fully endorsed the results of the IT assessment and immediately started implementing recommendations.
Since the completion of the IT roadmap and Ninestone taking on IT Interim Management responsibilities, we’ve accomplished:
- Establishing a formal IT annual cost center and budget
- Aligning the IT department organizational structure including updated job descriptions- roles/responsibilities and hiring.
- Implementing a comprehensive IT upgrade to address corporate infrastructure requirements, including:
- Office365, allowing for access to email, corporate resources and web-based meetings from anywhere via desktop, mobile applications and web-based portal
- Server upgrades
- Backup solution
- Helpdesk system
- File storage and sharing approach
- Disaster recovery plan
- Reviewing, updating and/or creating IT policies and procedures
- Completing a full IT equipment inventory and rolling out a replacement strategy
- Improving the relationship with the organization’s outsourced IT support vendor
- IT Interim Management at Medicaid Health Plan
- IT Interim Manager During Health Plan Acquisition
- Technology Strategy and Services
- Interim Staffing
- Systems Solutions
- Non-Profit Organizations